question

Pavel avatar image
Pavel asked

Player Data Value Size is zero,Player data value size is zero

Hi! I don't quite understand how the limits are calculated.

The problem is that I want to test my data to see if I can keep it within the limits and then try to optimize it. Yesterday I added 9 keys to my test player's internal data. A value size for each key is ~2 Kbytes. Then I added a key with a value size ~ 5.5 Kbyte.

Then I went to "Player data value size" page in "Limits" section, and looked at the "Usage" graph. It shows that I used 0 Kbytes. I looked at the graph several hours later, and it still shows that there is 0 Kbytes used.

I thought that maybe internal data is unlimited. Ok, then I added some keys with the same big values to player's data, and there's still 0 Kbytes used.

Maybe I don't know something? Could you please explain this situation, I just don't want any surprises on a latter stage.

This is my player data (each value is ~2 Kbytes):

This is the usage graph, it's zero for some reason:

Player Datalimits
0.jpg (123.2 KiB)
1.jpg (191.0 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

The limit of “Player data value size”, including player data, read only data and internal data, is 10k bytes by default, you should be fine as long as you keep the value size under 10k. And, about the "Player data value size" page in "Limits" section not showing the current usage details, it’s possible that it may encounter some delays from time to time, you can check that again later.

6 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Pavel avatar image Pavel commented ·

Well, I checked it right now, and it still doesn't show the actual usage) Even though 2 days have passed already)) Maybe there is a bigger delay, but I'm not sure)

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan Pavel commented ·

Would please share your title id so that we can take a look?

0 Likes 0 ·
Pavel avatar image Pavel Citrus Yan commented ·

title id - ACD4F.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Pavel avatar image Pavel commented ·

Yes, I did it using a web page. Now I've set the value through the cloud script and it appeared in the statistics. Moreover, it seems that after updating the data via the cloud script the values which have been set malually have also appeared on the graph.

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan Pavel commented ·

No, the graph only corresponds with the API call:

0 Likes 0 ·
capture1.png (14.4 KiB)
capture2.png (8.6 KiB)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.