question

developer-4 avatar image
developer-4 asked

How do you visualize the event-history exported to aws s3?

Since the data lived in aws s3 is in a special structure, which is very different from usual database I am familiar with. Each record is a seperate gz file and organized into folder by date. I am so not familiar with this! I could't convert all the data into a single csv file or import them to a database for further analyze with my familiar function.

Is there a hint for how to analyze these data on such structure? Or is there a name for this file structure?

Thanks

PlayStream
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

In the current Event Archive system, AWS s3 only provides compressed data and it is by design. You may need to craft your own tool to organize and re-construct the data. However, the up-coming feature of new Event Archiving system (though there is no ETA for it), will be more flexible. Please refer to: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/analytics/metrics/event-archiving-v2.

We also recommend to use PlayFab Explorer to review the recent events because it supports Kusto language for advanced query.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.