question

David Brunot avatar image
David Brunot asked

Service Unavailable Error code on GetCharacterInventory call

Hi,

Since SATURDAY, we experience error on GetCharacterInventorySERVER API call with the error code for :

Service Unavailable

As it's undocumented for this call, we need help !

-We are under usage limit AFAIK

-We experience it on our local servers

-Other thing seems to work

It's an emergency, since it paralyse our development !

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Brunot avatar image David Brunot commented ·

-I 've got the same error on various user data request, like all user character or user inventory

- I've just got a more precise error log :

Failed to download title Data SSL read: error:00000000:lib(0):fnc(0)reason(0), errno 10054

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Reviewing our logs, we see that there was a very brief period of slowed responses on Sunday afternoon (UTC) which could have resulted in 503s for a subset of users, but we're not seeing anything which would indicate a longer-term condition, or one which would affect a significant percentage of users.

The 10054 error code indicates a "connection refused" issue, which could be caused by a number of things. How, specifically, are your servers using the GetCharacterInventory call, and how often would you expect them to be making this call?

And actually, I do see that you are attempting to run your game using the one free dedicated game server we make available to titles for development work. That's really not a good idea, as the free server is a relatively small instance and may not be able to support the number of users you've specified in your Game Mode. Could you create a free account in New Relic and use the Key you get from it to set up New Relic monitoring in our Add-ons Marketplace? There's no cost to you from us for this, and it would allow you to monitor your server for CPU/memory/disk usage.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.