question

Robert Danciu avatar image
Robert Danciu asked

Can I use socket.io server with playfab?

Hello, I have a multiplayer game made with unity and socket.io nodeJs and I want to know if I can put the server on playfab and at the same time to access with the server the players API or do I have to stop using socket.io to do this?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

You can use PlayFab nodeJs SDK to access the all PlayFab API, it can be used with other nodeJs third-party libraries, such as socket.io.

But if you want to host the server executable on PlayFab, it will be a bit difficult. PlayFab Game Server SDK (GSDK) should be integrated with game servers so servers can be deployed on Playfab. Currently, PlayFab doesn’t officially provide a corresponding GSDK for nodeJs, only provides C++, C#, Java versions. Please check this doc Integrating game servers with the PlayFab Game Server SDK (GSDK)for the information, and navigate to our official Github page to download the GSDK. You may need to refer to .net(or others) class library in nodeJs on your own.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Robert Danciu avatar image Robert Danciu commented ·
Thank you very much, you answered all my questions.
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.