question

manos@zengardenapps.com avatar image
manos@zengardenapps.com asked

Is there a way to A/B test Real Money purchases through Play Store/App store,Is there a way to A/B test real money purchase cost when using Play store/ App Store?

Basically, i have two questions regarding RM purchases through the two stores(Play store/App store)

1. Is there a way to override the real money cost from Playfab stores as we can do with Virtual currency?

If we do want to offer discounts on Virtual Currency Packs, how can someone accomplish this? By creating multiple items on Play store with discounted costs?

2. Is there a way to present to the user the exact RM cost to their localized currency as it was configured on Play store for example? If not, what do you recommended? Always show cost in USD and allow the stores to convert on purchase?

Thank you

Basically, i have two questions regarding RM purchases through the two stores(Play store/App store)

1. Is there a way to present to the user the exact RM cost to their localized currency as it was configured on Play store for example? If not, what do you recommended? Always show cost in USD and allow the stores to convert on purchase?

2. Is there a way to override the real money cost from Playfab stores as we can do with Virtual currency?

If we do want to offer discounts on Virtual Currency Packs, how can someone accomplish this? By creating multiple items on Play store with discounted costs?

Thank you

In-Game Economy
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

manos@zengardenapps.com avatar image manos@zengardenapps.com commented ·

Sorry, somehow i got it to have duplicate content

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered
  1. No, PlayFab doesn’t support manually modify the VTD. Those data is collected through the real-money purchase.
  2. You need to configure the price on Play Store anyway because PlayFab doesn’t charge for the purchase. We will only verify the process and store the purchase result (where RM is used). If you want to start sales event, first thing is configuring it on Play Store Developer Console, then in the PlayFab Game Manager, you can manage Stores for the corresponding events.
  3. You can retrieve the RM, please refer to: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/commerce/economy/getting-a-players-vtd

In addition, PlayFab Experiments is now available to help you with advanced A/B tests on many aspects of your game. Please refer to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/analytics/experiments/. You can access it at [Game Manager] -> [Experiments]. However, if you want to do the A/B tests for the real-money, it is recommended to do it on the place where the purchase is processed, for example, Play Store: https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/6227309?hl=en.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

manos@zengardenapps.com avatar image
manos@zengardenapps.com answered

Thank @SethDu you for your quick response.

When I present the store to the user, Is there a way to show him the cost of an item in his country's currency? Is there a way to get the prices that i configured in play store for different currencies? I see a RealCurrencyPrices dictionary in the StoreItem result but it's empty.

What is the common practice you recommend as to what is shown to the user prior the actual purchase?

1 comment
10 |1200

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Play Store supports configuring multiple price for different currency and PlayFab supports showing VTD in different currencies. Because the purchase process is handled by Play Store (pop-up window), the price displayed by PlayFab can be different from the one of Play Store if you didn't set up properly, but the fund players will pay eventually will be determined by Play Store. Meanwhile, the number stored on PlayFab will be determined by PlayFab.

There is no specific recommendation for this, but if you don't want to bother changing the price every time there is a sale event, you can keep the PlayFab price unchanged, and indicates the discounted price (from Play Store) to the players, which means even a player pays for a discounted item, the original VTD of this item will be stored on PlayFab.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.