question

Brian Choi avatar image
Brian Choi asked

have limitation count of character for free tier?

Hi,

I have question for character. I was trying to check limits of character at 'Title settings/Limits'. but couldn't find limits for character count like inventory items have limit as 100 for free tier user of playfab. so I would like to know is there limits for character count?

Brian Choi

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

If the Limits page doesn't provide a specific entry for it, then there should be no limit. Because 'character data' is like 'Player Data', PlayFab will only count the total size.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brandon@uprootstudios.com avatar image
brandon@uprootstudios.com answered

@Brian Choi If you're talking about for Player DisplayName/Username, I think the character count is 25 characters. You can check by editing a player's displayname in the Game Manager and seeing how many characters you can add.

5 comments
10 |1200

Brian Choi avatar image Brian Choi commented ·

I mean, character data limits. below there is no count for character data. so does it mean that we can make lots of character data?

0 Likes 0 ·
Brian Choi avatar image Brian Choi commented ·

What I asked about was character data, all data except character has limit counts such as invertoryItem and catalogItem has limit for free tier.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Brian Choi commented ·

The characters partially have the same limits as a player's, and for characters specifically, the above limits you have posted is designed for more flexible usage.

0 Likes 0 ·
tinytap avatar image tinytap Seth Du ♦ commented ·

I mean count of 'character data' like inventory item has limit as 100 count for free tier, I just want to follow the limitation for now.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.