question

Daniel Wynne avatar image
Daniel Wynne asked

Leaderboard Max Aggregate inform player that score is higher than previous?

New to playfab. What's the intended implementation of Max Aggregate for a statistic? I'm not seeing info in the UpdatePlayerStatisticsResult that indicates if the score was higher (I'd like to notify the player that their score is higher than their previous). Am I supposed to retrieve the score first, check, then submit?

Thanks!

Leaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

In the normal circumstance, the Statistics should be updated on the server side due to the security reasons. Developers usually put this part in the Cloud Script functions and call ExecuteCloudScript API on the client to do the job.

I believe your idea is correct. But to notify the player specific information, you need to do the comparison first on the Cloud Script, then choose the information to return to the player.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.