question

Jack Hines avatar image
Jack Hines asked

Getting a MatchID in Server

I am looking to make a backfill ticket for my server once the game is running. However I require the match id. I see on https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/matchmaking/multiplayer-servers#information-passed-to-the-game-server under "information passed to the server" that this is passed into the server once it becomes Active. However I cannot seem to find this anywhere. I have looked in the PlayFabMultiplayerAgentAPI for Unity and it seems that the "sessionid" should hold this, but it is never set. It is always kept at the default.

I cannot see any other way of getting this information outisde of asking the client for it from their previous "getmatch" request when they join the game?

Thanks

apisunity3dMatchmaking
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Do you get the session id via PlayFabMultiplayerAgentAPI.SessionConfig.SessionId?

Can you also provide any output log files for your server instance?

1 Like 1 ·
Jack Hines avatar image
Jack Hines answered

@SethDu My apologies I was getting it via PlayFabMultiplayerAgentAPI.SessionId which was just a static variable for the default! Getting via PlayFabMultiplayerAgentAPI.SessionConfig.SessionId works correctly!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Vignesh Gunasekaran avatar image
Vignesh Gunasekaran answered

I too having the same problem, I cannot get the match Id and session Id same, can u help me how can i solve this. The PlayfabMultiplayerAgentAPI.configsession.sessionId is always empty.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.