question

NIcholas Laberge avatar image
NIcholas Laberge asked

Learning Material (book or online course)

Hello Playfab community,

Trying out the service since it seems like a fantastic way of creating an online infrastructure without needing an "in-house" solution.

However, I'm having a difficult time understanding some terms, since I haven't done programming for a long time.

Is there a book or online course I can follow along to understand PlayFab better? I tried the docs.microsoft.com documents but I'm a bit lost (especially with Entities and Matchmaking)

Thank you

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Currently, there is no some kind of a Cookbook for beginners to learn and refer to - not that I know of, therefore, the public documentation portal is still the main place for developers to learn core concepts. However, there do have some great tutorial videos made by other developers out there on the internet you can search for and learn from. Besides that, PlayFab also provides plenty sample projects demonstrating some key features you can integrate with your game, please take a look at this repository: https://github.com/PlayFab/PlayFab-Samples , hope you find it helpful.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

NIcholas Laberge avatar image NIcholas Laberge commented ·

Hey Citrus, thank you for your answer! :) I was definitely scratching my head as to how to properly implement systems like Matchmaking and Player Statistics so I'll take a look at the repo samples.

I did try to follow along tutorial videos on Youtube, but all of those I saw were using outdated SDKs or odd implementations. So, when I tried to follow along I just get errors with VS.

I also probably need to brush up my C# skills again, to be honest.

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan NIcholas Laberge commented ·

Glad it helped:)

And, indeed, as PlayFab is updating rapidly, outdated SDKs could incur some errors, however, the underlying mechanism should be similar, hence, referring to previous samples can help understanding the system better. Happy coding:)

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.