question

Kenneth G Nagle avatar image
Kenneth G Nagle asked

Sudo RTS Game

I am starting to work on a sudo Real time strategy game. By sudo I mean the player will not actually see or control the battle and the other player who is a real person would not necessarily be involved in the battle it could be more like an NPC that resembles the player. The game will be played through Facebook. This game will likely develop into a full RTS game in the future. So I am not sure if I need to (should) set up an RTS quality backend for this game now or if I can get away something less for now. I have been looking at PUN2 + PlayFab and it looks to me Photon also offers a free 20CCU hosted server but I am still reading about that. My questions is am I looking in the right direction for a backend.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

PUN2 + PlayFab should be a great starting point where you don’t have to worry a lot about the nitty-gritty of the backend server, at the moment, you can focus more on the content of your game. If you ever need to further implement Multiplayer features (adding more custom features) in the future, PlayFab offers plenty services focused on multiplayer scenarios, such as Server hosting service, Matchmaking, etc. You can navigate to this section for more info: Multiplayer with PlayFab.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.