question

Jørgen Havsberg Seland avatar image
Jørgen Havsberg Seland asked

Does Azure Function Clod scripts work with Azure Signal-R?

With PlayFab PubSub release date uncertain, I wondered if Azure Signal-R works with the new Azure Functions-based cloud scripts, I.e. are there differences in how Azure Functions cloud scripts can interact with Azure Signal-R compared with "vanilla" Asure Functions?

CloudScriptPush Notifications
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

I think the differences are quite negligible because what PlayFab did was to integrate with Azure Function so that it can serve as the new “CloudScript”. Essentially, the underlying “Azure Functions Cloudscripts” is the very "vanilla" Azure Functions, therefore, if you were to integrate Azure Function with Azure SignalR, you can totally bypass the PlayFab part.

Moreover, if you need to inform players when certain PlayStream events occur, using Rules to execute a Azure Function that’s responsible for sending the notification would also be a good option.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.