question

Henry avatar image
Henry asked

Reset password how to receive the token

I'm currently setting up the password reset. I'm at a the end of point 5

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/engagement/emails/using-email-templates-to-send-an-account-recovery-email

I can reset the password at my web side an see the token number as described in the tutorial in the URL.

But I think there is a gap. In 6 it starts with Reset password. Sure but no word how to retrieve the token and the password needed for the ResetPassword call.

Any ideas?

Here my implementation:

unbenannt.jpg (124.0 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

As I understand it, Step 6 happens on your website’s server where the callback URL points to, your server logic is responsible for parsing the password and token field from the URL the player submitted and issue the ResetPassword call.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Henry avatar image Henry commented ·

Step 6 describes how to reset the password on the PlayFab server. Assuming password and token are already available in my code. But how does those two values make it into my code / back to PlayFab?

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan Henry commented ·

You can install the PlayFab Sdk, depending on the language you used for your website's backend server, and make the Admin/ResetPassword call to PlayFab.

0 Likes 0 ·
Henry avatar image Henry Citrus Yan commented ·

Do you offer any kind of tutorial how to do that? We are using WorldPress. Do you support that somehow?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.