question

Henry avatar image
Henry asked

Send OrderId through E-Mail template

Hi,

I would like send an e-mail receipt to the buyer and include the OrderId. Can't find a good overview of values that can be included in e-mail templates. Most examples are just for $Profile.DisplayName$ which works fine.

Is OrderId possible and if so how?

Using this format $abc.xyz$ -> Is there a logic or overview what abc and xyz can be?

Thanks!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

I would suggest that you use a Rule to automatically send emails to players when a certain event occurs, in your case, is the player_realmoney_purchase event, which is triggered when a player makes a real money purchase. You can then use $Event.OrderId$ to access the OrderId, the “Event” here refers to the event that’s triggering the “send email” Action, which is the “player_realmoney_purchase” event in the current context, and, the “OrderId” refers to the property defined in it.

About using a Rule to send emails, you can refer to this tutorial to get a better understanding of how it works: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/engagement/emails/using-a-rule-to-verify-a-contact-email-address, feel free to ask us if you have any further questions.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Henry avatar image Henry commented ·

Thanks! Works perfect.

I have the rule in place player_paid_for_purchase to send the receipt. I'm using PayPal - would you recommend player_realmoney_purchase or player_paid_for_purchase? We are not offering anything else than real money purchases (not working with VM at all). But we do have a free version for 0 Euro.

Do you see any advantage in one or the other event?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.