question

karan avatar image
karan asked

can playfab work with my existing project (with mirror)?

Hi guys I am new to playfab.right now i am devloping my game in unity with mirror(unet alternate). mirror doesn't have any master server architecture(meaning cant have multiple matches). so I am thinking about playfab for that. I have some questions regarding it-

1)can playfab work with my existing project (with mirror)?
2)does it support master server architecture?

sdks
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The PlayFab core service is compatible with anything that can make an SSL call, as it's all Web API based. If you specifically mean custom game server hosting, our hosting provides you with Windows and/or Linux servers that you can use to host your custom code. In that model, we spin up servers based on your configuration (how many standby servers you need), scaling up the number of running servers based on the number of users you have in sessions. We can't really speak to compatibility of this with Mirror, as that's not our product, nor have we done any testing with it. But you do get a generous number of free hours with your account (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/servers/billing-for-thunderhead), so it should be simple to verify this for your chosen toolset.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

karan avatar image karan commented ·

Thanks for reply, I actually found a sample project made in mirror in playfab gsdk samples repository.I think I should updated the question with answer.
thanks for helping

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.