question

Matthew Miskiewicz avatar image
Matthew Miskiewicz asked

API call from client not timing out upon InternalServerError

Situation:

1. Client calls PlayFabClientAPI.ExecuteCloudScript

2. During the Cloudscript a Playfab InternalServerError happens (beyond my control)

3. The PlayFabClientAPI.ExecuteCloudScript seems to hang at this point, not giving a result, error, or timeout. I cannot test this to reproduce, as I can't cause the InternalServerError to happen. However, other cloudscript errors, such as exceptions, process as expected in the client; and doing things such as turning off the network connection results in an "Unreachable host" error which also process correctly in the client.

In addition, another player experienced a similar hanging upon attempting to call PlayFabClientAPI.ExecuteCloudScript when he had bad network connection.

In short, I am wondering if I am not handling api request timeouts properly. Where and what error will be thrown if an API call times out? Can I control what the timeout length is?

Thanks!

-Matt

Edit: as usual, I've engineered my own solution before anyone has a chance to respond. Still, I would interested to know if I've missed something, or we are expected to write our own timeout handling code. Thanks!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Thank you for the feedback. I will try to understand your request and discuss with the team.

However, in terms of timeout, it depends on the limit of your title. For essential tier users, the Cloud Script runtime should be 4.5s, which can be extended for Enterprise users. You may check the title limits on [Game Manager] ->[Title Settings] -> [Limits].

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.