question

Heartman avatar image
Heartman asked

Matchmaking: Expansion vs expansion

Hi,

I am wondering how the expansion of one ticket is compared to the expansion of others

Let's take the team size expansion example as an example: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/matchmaking/config-examples

One way could be that the expansion time is applied to every ticket individually from the time it was submitted, then there will only be a match when there are X amount of tickets that have expanded to allow for a team size of X

Or that the expansion time is applied to every ticket individually from the time it was submitted, then as soon as any ticket allows for a team size of the amount of tickets that is available all the others get sucked in regardless of their expansion state

Can you elaborate?

Best,

Richard

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

Could you please clarify which type of rule you are referring to? The link navigates to a page, not targeted to a specific section. MatchTotalRule can be used to modify the number of players required for a match, this rule supports expanding the number of players in a match that changes over time. This rule applies to the match size and cannot apply to team size directly. Team related rule types contain Team Difference, Team Size Balance, Team Ticket Size Similarity which are suitable for different application scenarios. Please refer to the section Team rule types for the descriptions of them.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Heartman avatar image Heartman commented ·

I was taking "Expansion of number of players over time" as an example, my question is not specifically about team sizes

My question is how 2 expanding tickets are compared to each other, if ticket A has expanded to match B but B has not expanded yet to match A, will there be a match?

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang Heartman commented ·

In this example Expansion of number of players over time, one player would correspond to one ticket and there would be no teams.

This example means in the first 10 seconds when there are 50 players/tickets participate in the matchmaking, they will be matched. Match up to 50 players, and extra players will enter the next match's matchmaking. If they are being matched successfully, the new players who begin matchmaking will enter the next match's matchmaking too. If they are not matched, it means the number of them does not reach 50, in the second 10 seconds, if the number reaches 45, they will be matched, and so on. One such example is PUBG solo mode.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.