question

andymaddison avatar image
andymaddison asked

How to enable Apple for title?

I'm just trying out the LoginWIthApple function in the new sdk but when I try to login I get this error:

LoginWithApple: Error /Client/LoginWithApple: AppleNotEnabledForTitle

I can't see any settings for the title that relate to this. How do I enable Apple on my title?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

Before you call the API LoginWithApple, please setup your Application Identifier in Apple's developer portal and navigate to the Apple Add-ons page (https://developer.playfab.com/en-US/[YourTitleId]/addons/Apple) to install Apple Add-on for your title. You can refer to this documentation Setup Sign In with Apple for PlayFabaccording to your needs.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

andymaddison avatar image andymaddison commented ·

Thanks Sarah. I got that working.

I'd like to ask about what you recommend for when the token expires - after 6 months as I understand it?

When the player first signs in with Apple, I can store the token locally and use that to login to PlayFab every time the game is launched. Once it expires presumably the PlayFab login call with fail? At this point the player will have to sign in with Apple again?

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang andymaddison commented ·

I think yes. Poping up a login window that allows players to log in again is a possible way to deal with token expiration. You can also navigate to Apple developer forums to search for professional suggestions about handling Apple authorization token.

0 Likes 0 ·
Crystal L Bandalan avatar image
Crystal L Bandalan answered

Would love to avail on it.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.