question

supratimr avatar image
supratimr asked

Issue on setting up Dev/QA environment

Hi,

We have dev and qa environment setup for our game. We created to titles under one studio to represent each environment. Inside game, to help testing, we have added an option to select environment(title id) at the beginning of the game. This selection happens before the first Playfab call(Login) goes from the game. we are updating PlayFabSettings.TitleId on selection.

This setup is working fine except one scenario. If we try to make any Playfab server API call after changing title id, randomly those are failing. All other calls and executing cloud script calls are always returning success. I understand may be moving all the server API calls to cloud script will solve this. But my question here is, do we need to set anything else other than only title id if we want to change environment from inside game.

TIA

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

May I ask are you calling server API in the client? It is not recommended because secret key is required. How do you store the secret key? To use server API, not only the title IDs, but also the secret keys need to be changed because the keys of two titles are different.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

supratimr avatar image supratimr commented ·

@SethDu,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, we were calling server API in the client. However, we are moving those calls in the cloud script. I hope that will solve this issue and storing/changing secret keys will also not be required.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ supratimr commented ·

Sure thing. Moving those functions to Cloud Script will be great. Please feel free to tell us if you have any issues after it has been done.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.