question

Ben avatar image
Ben asked

Login wth facebook in Unreal Engine

how to show the facebook login form and get the access token in app, im using blueprint, can i get the documentation about the bluprint function that provide by playfab

unrealdocumentation
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ben avatar image Ben commented ·

I want to get an access token to fill this, and I think I can get it if it provide the login form

0 Likes 0 ·
bp-fb.png (124.5 KiB)
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang Ben commented ·

Currently, there is no such documentation about PlayFab authentication using Facebook and the UE4 blueprint. We will try to dig into it.

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

For such Facebook Authentication questions, in the other game engine, such as Unity, PlayFab Authentication need to work with the Unity Facebook SDK provided by Facebook. There seems not such UE4 blueprints plugin provided by Facebook officially. The possible workaround to implement Facebook authentication on UE4 blueprint is using existing third-party plugins (such as Extended Facebook Online Subsystem)sold in the Unreal Marketplace or do add-on functions development to the Unreal OnlineSubsystemFacebook on your own. You can search for the plugin in the Unreal marketplace or check Unreal’s official doc about OnlineSubsystemFacebook for more information. More questions about Unreal Facebook Authentication, you can navigate to the Unreal and Facebook forum for professional supports.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Aaron avatar image
Aaron answered

I couldn't find the item on the marketplace but Unreal does come with a Facebook Online sub system plug in?

Maybe some documentation can be written to show how to link Facebook to PlayFab? @Sarah Zhang

I couldn't find the one on the marketplace but;

There is a facebook online sub system plug-in that comes with Unreal Engine

Maybe some documentation can be written on how to combine this with playfab to link facebook accounts with playfab? @SarahZhang

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.