question

Matheus Batista avatar image
Matheus Batista asked

how to create custom tables?,how to create a custom table?

Hey everyone,

I'm creating a quiz game, and I wonder if I can work with Playfab to create our database. I need to store my questions that contain: questions, answer, theme, age, comments, and a few other attributes. I also need to generate custom user reports based on user performance on answering the questions. Is playfab viable?

Hey everyone,

So, I'm creating a quiz game and I wonder if I can work with playfab to create our database. I need to store my questions that contain: questions, answer, theme, age, comments and a few other attributes.

CloudScriptCustom Game Servers
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

PlayFab does not open its database for public access, it’s possible that you store your questions in Title level for all the players to access using APIs, however, this means is not as efficient as using a database hosting service, which allows you to do quick CRUD operations that affects on all the players promptly.

For the custom user reports, you can use Statistics to keep track of every player’s performance on each specific theme/age questions - based on your own classifications. Statistic data can then be retrieved by players using APIs such as GetPlayerStatistics so that you can utilize it to generate a custom report for the player. Furthermore, Statistics can also be used in conjunction with Leaderboards to encourage competition among players of your game, leading to higher retention.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

vahida1988@yahoo.com avatar image
vahida1988@yahoo.com answered

For anyone who read this in the future I did the trick to solve the problem but you need to use an external hosting service:

1- Create a new data title and set the key as the name of your table
2- Set the value to an external hosting service like your website (Make sure users can download directly)

3- Get the data titles using the PlayFab API from login or whenever you need them which gives you the download link to your table.

4- Download the table in your game code

5- Parse the downloaded table (json)

Now you have your data table

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.