question

Robert Baily avatar image
Robert Baily asked

Can I create a session ticket for any user?

It is often useful when a user reports a bug to be able to play the game as that user. You can then see their current state and potentially reproduce the bug. Is it possible to generate a session ticket that allows me, as an Admin, the ability to play as any user?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

If you have an ID-based (device or custom) auth mechanism in your game, that ID is visible in the player page for the user, so you could use that to generate a session ticket using a tool like Postman. If not, you could temporarily add a Custom ID to the player account for that purpose.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Robert Baily avatar image Robert Baily commented ·

Yes, we are using custom ID. Do you have a link to how I would generate a ticket using Postman? Where would I need to put that ticket in code? We are using Unity.

0 Likes 0 ·
Robert Baily avatar image Robert Baily commented ·

Disregard the previous comment. Since I have the custom ID I can use it to log in to the game thru LoginWithCustomID().

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.