question

andrearossini avatar image
andrearossini asked

iOS Receipt Validation: error 1096

Hi,

I'm trying to use ValidateIOSReceipt function:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/playfab/Client/platform-specific-methods/ValidateIOSReceipt?view=playfab-rest

My app performs the purchase flow, update the receipt data and then make the PlayFab call.

Every time PlayFab says that ReceiptDoesNotContainInAppItems. What does it mean? Have you ever received this error?

I'm having it with the Sandbox environment purchases.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Andrea

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

andrearossini avatar image andrearossini commented ·

Can this be related to Sanbox vs Production environments?
I'm making purchases in Sandbox environment and calling PlayFabClientAPI.ValidateIOSReceipt();

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

The PlayFab Validation API handles receipts for both Sandbox and Production(Live) environments, hence I don’t think this is related to Sanbox vs Production environments.

ReceiptDoesNotContainInAppItems means that the receipt either contains no items, or the items in it do not match any Item ID in the title’s catalog in PlayFab, you may need to check both your PlayFab catalog settings and item definitions in iTunes In-App purchase to see whether they matches or not. To sum up, the error happens when the receipt contains no items we can match to Item IDs in your catalog.

By the way, I think you may find this Blog Post which shares some steps to get IOS Receipt Validation working helpful: Show Me the Money: Receipt Validation for iOS and Android.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.