question

Jangus avatar image
Jangus asked

Integrating GSDK with Unreal Engine. Server Build uploading to playfab is "Unhealthy".

I've been following this document that HICON shared. For some reason, I get an "Unhealthy" build every time. The VM tab shows the build has "Too Many Server Restarts".

When I try to debug it locally using docker, it gets stuck on "Waiting for Heartbeat" before it errors out. Which makes it sound like it is something wrong with how I've implemented the GSDK, but as far as I can see, it is identical to the HICON document.

Does anyone have any ideas why this might be happening?

sdksunreal
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

“Too Many Server Restarts“occurs when the multiplayer server try to initiate the build but failed for several times, if you cannot execute the build on the local debugging tools, it certainly won’t work on the server side. “Unhealthy” statue is the result.

You may refer to the original thread in case there is anything missing for the Project Huli case study: https://community.playfab.com/questions/38065/unreal-engine-and-gsdk-integration.html.

Since Project Huli is only a reference case study documentation, you may also consider checking the C++ in GSDK repository to compare with your own project, where you can download the source code and compile on your own: https://github.com/PlayFab/gsdk/tree/master/cpp.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jangus avatar image Jangus commented ·

Thanks Seth, the MultiplayerSettings.json lists NodePort as 56100. If I perform an open port test on 56100 it says that the port is closed. Is that why it's not working locally through Docker?

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Jangus commented ·

May I ask have you run the server build properly? You may only connect to it when MockVmAgent output prints CurrentGameState - Active.

In addition, if you are considering some process is occupying port 56100, you may monitor it on Resource Monitor of Windows.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jangus avatar image Jangus Seth Du ♦ commented ·

I think its not building correctly, but everything is exactly the same and I am implementing all the right functions for the GSDK. Would you mind looking at my Example project here?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.