question

brendan avatar image
brendan asked

Currency Not Supported by Provider Error (Virtual Currency)

Politicalpeacestudios
started a topic on Sun, 06 September 2015 at 1:24 AM

I am currently in testing mode, I was under the impression that you can make as many Virtual Currencies as needed. I made two virtual currencies and everything is fine, but when I made my third Virtual Currency a problem occurred. I went to Players/Virtual Currency and tried to change my test accounts virtual currency (the third one I created). And this error came up in yellow saying "Currency Not Supported by Provider" Any advice?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Best Answer
Brendan Vanous said on Sun, 06 September 2015 at 5:57 PM

If it was a newly created virtual currency, it's possible the info hadn't been cached throughout the system yet. Let us know if you see anything odd, though.

Brendan

5 Comments
Politicalpeacestudios said on Sun, 06 September 2015 at 1:48 AM

Is there a virtual currency limit of 2?

Brendan Vanous said on Sun, 06 September 2015 at 2:49 PM

No, there isn't. Looking at your title, you currently have three defined - F1, F2, and GC. Can you give us the details of the API call you made which got this response?

Brendan

Politicalpeacestudios said on Sun, 06 September 2015 at 3:37 PM

Hey Brendan, the problem was when when trying to change a Players Currency for testing in F2 I would get an error on Playfab saying "Currency Not Supported by Provider." But I tried again just now and it seems to be working fine. I don't get that error anymore, so I'm guessing it was just a hiccup. Thanks for the reply Brendan.

Brendan Vanous said on Sun, 06 September 2015 at 5:57 PM

If it was a newly created virtual currency, it's possible the info hadn't been cached throughout the system yet. Let us know if you see anything odd, though.

Brendan

Politicalpeacestudios said on Sun, 06 September 2015 at 7:20 PM

Will do! Thanks again.

5 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Tri avatar image Tri commented ·

@

Brendan

Im having exact problem, and i have been waiting for like 1hr to see if it is cached...but no, i still can't adjust player's currrency.

My first 3 currencies work well, but the 4th (XP)

Can you please check it?

TitleID : 8A8F
PublisherID : FD125F845C5E2343

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Tri commented ·

I'm not seeing any issues with your currencies. What are your specific repro steps?

0 Likes 0 ·
Tri avatar image Tri brendan commented ·

Here, i just want to change XP of "W10" player.
When i click Save Virtual Currency, i get that error.

0 Likes 0 ·
capture.png (59.6 KiB)
Show more comments
Show more comments
Toni Palm avatar image
Toni Palm answered

I'm having this problem right now. Made a new currency some 6 hours ago and can't add currency to a player from Game Manager because I get "Currency not supported by provider".

Adding currency through cloudscript/server API does work.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.