question

duartedd avatar image
duartedd asked

google account single sign on with windows unity

so 3 platforms:

ios android and windows

looking for 3 different SSO techniques

facebook ( no problem)

google account - with windows platform it doesnt appear to work - googleplaygames only works with android and ios -

for instance from the playfab blog

PlayGamesClientConfiguration config = new PlayGamesClientConfiguration.Builder() .AddOauthScope("profile") .Build(); PlayGamesPlatform.InitializeInstance(config); PlayGamesPlatform.Activate();

doesnt compile and has issues because windows platform is selected and not android

apple id - not sure yet havent gotten that far yet.

anyone know if there is an alternative for windows platform for google account and probably apple id

not sure if anyone from playfab has run into this before and if there is something else for this ? - like i know openid is a thing but not sure with google

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

I don't think OpenId is right way to go in the case of Google Login. As I understand it, the basic flow would be:

1) Retrieve OAuth 2.0 server auth code from Google using Google client API.

2) Pass the auth code to the LoginWithGoogleAccount API to complete the Login Process.

Moreover, I found these threads that might be helpful for your case:

https://community.playfab.com/questions/16282/firebase-google-login-and-unity.html

https://community.playfab.com/questions/6344/google-login.html

please take a look.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

duartedd avatar image
duartedd answered

alrighty got it working - created an http listener and set it up so that it would be directed to the unity client so i got the JWT token and now i am trying to throw it over to playfab but i am getting this back now

Error 403:

A nonce value must exist for implicit flow tokens

10 |1200

duartedd avatar image
duartedd answered

k nevermind so i think i wasnt using openid which is a standard method of using oauth2 - i thought they were the samething just different names so anyways i think i am further now with an error coming back with

Account Not Found, you must have a linked PlayFab account. Start by registering a new account or using your device id

2 comments
10 |1200

duartedd avatar image duartedd commented ·

ok nm nm - had to create a random nonce as well

0 Likes 0 ·
duartedd avatar image duartedd duartedd commented ·

yikes got it working - little bit glitchy but its working! gotta figure out the flow a bit better and should be good to go

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.