question

Frank DiCola avatar image
Frank DiCola asked

Player Consumed Item Rule - Can't test Class?

When I created a Rule for the PlayStream event com.playfab.player_inventory_item_added, I was able to use the Class field as a condition. That was very helpful!

But it's not available when I try to make another PlayStream event using com.playfab.player_consumed_item. Why is it not available? I would love to do the conditional check here instead of in CloudScript.

Can someone explain why there is a difference? It seems to me that adding items and consuming items are two sides of the same coin...

PlayStream
playfab-rule-a.png (219.5 KiB)
playfab-rule-b.png (292.5 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Thanks for the feedback. I have submitted a report to the corresponding team for more details and will keep you updated.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

franklinchen avatar image franklinchen commented ·

@Frank DiCola The Class field has been added to com.playfab.player_consumed_item event, I just verified in Rules page.

1 Like 1 ·
Frank DiCola avatar image Frank DiCola franklinchen commented ·

That's great! I found a workaround in the interim, but I may go back and refactor now. Thanks for changing it, PlayFab [^_^ ]

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.