question

Michael Schumaker avatar image
Michael Schumaker asked

Add New User to studio | Issue

Hi, new company here using playfab. Switching from firebase and running into some seemingly to a issue thats preventing me from adding my team members. Basically go to add new user, type in their email, check make them admin, then click add roles and it takes me to a blank white page. Happens on firefox as well as chrome. I feel like this is preventing me from wanting to proceed further with this product unfortunately. Is there any issue with the html side of things?

Account Management
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang commented ·

We tested adding a user as the administrator in our testing studio, it works fine. We can't reproduce the issue you said, does it still exist?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Chris Rabideau avatar image
Chris Rabideau answered

I did a test on this today and was able to add a user just fine without problems. Tested on several web browsers and even in Safari on my iPhone without any issues. Perhaps it was just a temporary issue and the problem has been fixed now?

Also, if you added the person and then it returned you to the main "All Users" screen, it would not show the newly added person until they accepted their invite. You would have to click on the "Pending" option to see the person who had just been added to the project to see them, until they accepted.

As you described getting just a blank white page, that's perhaps not the issue you were experiencing. But I thought I would note it here just in case anyway. Hope you got it sorted!

I just tested this on my own studio, as well, and was able to add a user just fine. Can't replicate the issue. I used several browsers without problem, and even my iPhone with Safari. Perhaps it was a temporary issue. The process does return you to the "All Users" spot at some point, and you won't see the newly added person on there until after they accept their invite. You have to click on the "Pending" to see that the invite was sent properly. It's not the white page you were describing, so I doubt that was the issue. But just thought I would note it here, as well.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.