question

Luis Saenz avatar image
Luis Saenz asked

Group Invitation via CloudScript

Hello, I'm looking into having cloud script handle group invitations. Currently, I am able to send invites but the request sets the title entity as the inviting party. Is there a way to have the request being set from the player's entity without having to use Playfab client's api InviteToGroup?

apisCloudScript
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

As far as I am aware, we cannot change the EntityToken, which serves as a Context for Entity APIs issued in CloudScript, therefore, we might not be able to send the invites on behalf of the players themselves via CloudScript. Is this feature a must for your project? If it is, you might need to consider sending the invites from the clients instead, or implementing a custom server that is capable of changing the Authentication Context, ergo, sending invites on behalf of the players.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Luis Saenz avatar image Luis Saenz commented ·

thanks @Citrus Yan. this functionality is not a must. I was looking into blocking invites to players that do not meet requirements or invites from groups that are already full.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.