question

Dmitriy Fokin avatar image
Dmitriy Fokin asked

Xbox - getting Error: 400 ServiceUnavailable when using LoginWithCustomIDRequest

Hello, I've found this thread and we have completely same issue. Out title ID is BB6D9 and we are using Essential Tier. What is the cause of problem? Does mentioned thread resolved?
Thanks in advance.

14 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

May I ask does it only occurs on the Xbox client? Can you try the API calls on other devices or RESTful testing tools like Postman, but with the same network environment?

0 Likes 0 ·
Dmitriy Fokin avatar image Dmitriy Fokin Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Hello! I've tried to perform LoginWithCustomID with Postman and in Unity Editor - in both cases I get response 200 OK. Only on Xbox Client we encounter this issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Dmitriy Fokin commented ·

Have you created game title in Partner center and associate it with your local Unity project? You may refer to this thread: https://community.playfab.com/questions/34572/playfab-and-xbox-integration-in-unity-game.html.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Dmitriy Fokin avatar image Dmitriy Fokin commented ·

Hello @SethDu, I've received response from Xbox support

"Did you first perform a GetTokenAndSignatureAsync call to <playfab title id>.playfabapi.com? This step will only succeed if you've generated a certificate (.cer) for your webservice and sent it to PlayFab support for registration."

I've created a webservice and generate a certificate for it. How can I sent it to you?

0 Likes 0 ·

here it is

0 Likes 0 ·
nsabuql.png (5.8 KiB)
franklinchen avatar image franklinchen Dmitriy Fokin commented ·

Hi @Dmitriy Fokin, we are trying to contact with the right team for your request. We will keep closely track the progress and let you know. Thank you for your patience.

1 Like 1 ·
Dmitriy Fokin avatar image Dmitriy Fokin franklinchen commented ·

Hello @FranklinChen, thanks a lot for assistance. We are on standby.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Dmitriy Fokin commented ·

Hi, I have submitted a report to the team and will keep you informed if there are any updates.

0 Likes 0 ·
Dmitriy Fokin avatar image Dmitriy Fokin Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Thanks a lot, we're in touch.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
franklinchen avatar image
franklinchen answered

Hi @Dmitriy Fokin, I just got the confirmation from product team, there is no certificate setup necessary for Xbox Live use, as PlayFab is a base service of XBL. Based on your description, there isn't a problem in PlayFab with the call to login, as it works fine in Postman.
Therefore, the specific behavior when you're making the call from their Xbox build has to differ. Could you please capture a Fiddler trace of the test on Xbox, so that we can check to see what's actually going on. See the guidance here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/xbox-apps/uwp-fiddler & https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/xbox-apps/device-portal-xbox

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @FranklinChen, I've tried to catch fiddler traces, but I didn't received logs with calling playfabapi, Xbox cut off requests before the reach endpoint. So anyway, it seems that problem solved.What I did - Unity has PlayFabSharedSettings asset file where you can choose 'Request Type'. By Default it has been set with UnityWebRequest, and I've seen on the forums that this request type is preferred for calling PlayFab Api from Unity. I just changed it to HttpWebRequest and before calling Login method I put this line "PlayFab.Internal.PlayFabWebRequest.SkipCertificateValidation();". And it works! I hope this information will help someone else.
Thanks a lot for assistance to you and to @SethDu.

0 Likes 0 ·
franklinchen avatar image franklinchen Dmitriy Fokin commented ·

Thank you for sharing your solution, I believe this will help our community member to solve the similar issue on Xbox.

0 Likes 0 ·
Dmitriy Fokin answered

Hello @FranklinChen and @SethDu! I would like to know how is it going with the request? We are on a finish line to release, and this issue is blocking us. Also, can you provide some sort of link to the docs of how to setup playfab in the Partner Center? Because I can't find any. Thanks in advance!

1 comment
10 |1200

franklinchen avatar image franklinchen commented ·

Hi @Dmitriy Fokin, Playfab team releases some guidance with Word format, please see the samples and word doc here: https://github.com/PlayFab/PlayFab-Samples/tree/master/Samples/Xbox/Samples/XDK/SimplePlayFabAuth

0 Likes 0 ·
Dmitriy Fokin answered

Hi @FranklinChen! I've implemented login according to provided examples and this didn't work. The problem probably lies in Partner Center settings. The guidance your team is going to release - does it contains examples of Partner Center configurations?

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.