question

paula avatar image
paula asked

Steam add-on problem

Hello,

When I try to add the Steam add-on and I provide the Appid and the Steam Web API key it throws an error but shows as the Steam add-on as active. When I try to check or uncheck the "Use Steam Payments sandbox endpoint for test transactions", I get "Internal Server Error."

playfab-error.gif (57.5 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Does Steam Authentication/In-App purchase via PlayFab work for your title? And, would you please uncheck the "Use Steam Payments sandbox endpoint for test transactions" again to see if it still occurs, if it does, please share your title id for us to investigate, thanks.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

paula avatar image paula commented ·

It still gives an error when I uncheck it. The title ID is F3A24.

I use Simple IAP and virtual purchases show up in Playfab (purchases are successful) but with RM it shows as Initialized but I don't get any errors. Only informational message in my game stating:

purchase({0}): 10
UnityEngine.Purchasing.PurchasingManager:InitiatePurchase(Product)

10 is the Steam itemdefid which is also the same on Playfab.

I've been trying to find the problem for almost a week... Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan paula commented ·

Would you please try re-installing Steam?

And, I think this tutorial can help you with steam IAP: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/commerce/economy/non-receipt-payment-processing. Please feel free to reach us if you have any further questions:)

0 Likes 0 ·
paula avatar image paula Citrus Yan commented ·

Still no luck!

0 Likes 0 ·
paula avatar image
paula answered

ok so concerning the purchase it is working fine now. I had configured the game as a non Steam game and some random folder. I removed it from Steam, re-added it again as a non Steam game but this time I put the build folder in

Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common

The purchasing works!!! However I still get an Internal Server error when I check/uncheck

"Use Steam Payments sandbox endpoint for test transactions". When I leave the page and come back it looks like the configuration is saved. I just find it unsettling to see that error...

3 comments
10 |1200

Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan commented ·

Would you please use a network capture tool such as Fiddler to capture the network traffic when this error happens? We need this info to help investigating your Game Manager,thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
paula avatar image paula commented ·

Can you please let me know the major steps that need to be done with Fiddler and what exactly needs to be captured? Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan paula commented ·

So basically what we need is the HTTPS traffic between your browser and the PlayFab Game Manager web server when the "Internal Server Error" occurred, you can refer to these Fiddler's official doc to get started:

Configure Fiddler to Decrypt HTTPS Traffic

Capture Web Traffic

Create a Session Archive Zip (SAZ) Traffic archive

By the way, forgot to say this, would you please try clearing all your cookies to see if this error still occurs.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.