question

Deekshith avatar image
Deekshith asked

Solution for Friend mission system

I want to implement a friend mission system where the missions will be shared between friends.

eg: Consider a mission "Kill 100 enemies"

Consider there are 3 users - A,B and C. A and B are friends. B and C are friends.

- So when player A kills 2 enemies.

The mission progress for 3 players will be : A - 2/100, B - 2/100 , C - 0/100

- When player B kills 3 enemies,

The mission progress for 3 players will be : A - 5/100, B - 5/100 , C - 3/100

- When player C kills 2 enemies,

The mission progress for 3 players will be : A - 5/100, B - 7/100 , C - 5/100

This concept makes me think of using "Shared group data" but that cannot be done.

Is there any way to implement this?

Shared Group DataFriends
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

I will dig into it.

0 Likes 0 ·
Deekshith avatar image Deekshith Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Would be waiting for updates from you!

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

What you have described is more like instantly refreshing data in MMO games, which will require a hosted server to maintain the data on real time.

Without a dedicated host server, actively refreshing Player Data of friends will be difficult because if you implement this in Cloud Script, the execution runtime will be exceeded when the number of friends increases and the execution time needs to be determined on your own.

However, there is a work around solution. If you want to use Shared Group Data, make sure the players can only choose one team, which means they cannot join multiple Shared Groups. It will be like inviting friends to your quest group. Every time some enemies are killed by Player A, Cloud Script functions will edit Share Group Data and add the number to it.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Deekshith avatar image Deekshith commented ·

Well I was thinking of using player statistics for friend mission system. Would there be any limitations that would stop it from achieving this using statistics?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Deekshith commented ·

We'll be pushing the new stats service to public preview shortly (at which point it will be supported for live titles). As soon as we do, you'll be able to use Group Entity leaderboards, which will support this. The legacy statistics service is not designed for multiple players to be writing to one player's statistics.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.