question

Tomasz Swierkot avatar image
Tomasz Swierkot asked

Apple Sign In - LoginWithOpenIdConnect opens login dialog

Hello,

I'm using the newest Playfab Unity SDK with Unity 2018.4.12. I am trying to implement Sign In With Apple on the iOS platform. I followed the official guide on setting it up but I am having a problem with the workflow.

1. I try to Sign In With Apple using the official Unity package. This prompts a dialog, where the user can accept or decline the login. This works and I get a user ID along with an identity token.

2. Next, I use the identity token that I got to call LoginWithOpenIdConnect. The request succeeds and the user is logged in. I get the correct Playfab ID and SessionTicket.

The problem is, calling this method prompts the same Sign In With Apple dialog, while the user is already logged in to Playfab. It doesn't matter what the user does on that dialog, as he is already logged into Playfab - I also have no way of knowing what the user pressed.

My question is - how can I prevent LoginWithOpenIdConnect from opening the Sign In With Apple Dialog?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
JayZuo avatar image
JayZuo answered

LoginWithOpenIdConnect will just send a HTTP request to PlayFab, it won't open the Sign In With Apple Dialog. This should be done by yourself and in your case, you are using the official Unity package to do this.

I'd suggest reviewing your code to see if there is something wrong. And also, you can check our Unity SDK here https://github.com/PlayFab/UnitySDK/blob/master/ExampleTestProject/Assets/PlayFabSDK/Client/PlayFabClientAPI.cs#L1347.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.