question

ignat-nee avatar image
ignat-nee asked

Getting players list with query

Greetings. I want to search players on clien with custom parameters,in my case it specific tag and including part of name. It's works fine on admin panel:

But i can't find any such function on admin, client or server api. Did i search bad, or it just custom function for admin frontend panel? Does i have any option to do this somehow by cloudscript, or can i wright something like custom query for getting leaderboad with my params
I know i can unite players by segment and get list of all this players, but i also need to search them by name.

331.png (9.0 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Currently, PlayFab does not provide such API that can query players as you did in Game Manager since random search across all users would be a very inefficient operation for any APIs. Right now, PlayFab do have the ability to query based on PlayFabId, Username, Email Address, or Title DisplayName through APIs. The Client GetAccountInfo API can be used to find players by Username, Email Address, or Title DisplayName. The Client GetPlayerCombinedInfo API can be used to get the player’s info based on PlayFabId.

The feature you want is more like a social site experience where users can query other users through a more advanced search. If this feature is really important for your project, you may want to consider maintaining a list of all players for yourself, along with their profiles for the clients to query.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.