question

Kaan Öztüzün avatar image
Kaan Öztüzün asked

Unreal Engine and GSDK Integration

Hello! I've started to using PlayFab for my project and I enjoyed while using it. So, I've changed my tier to indie and wanted to use Multiplayer for my project. I found HICON Games' technical pdf about integration and followed the instructions. Unfortunately I couldn't succeed. So, I'm not an experienced with C++ and I've some errors on building stage of project. For example, I couldn't figure out how to fix this error:

"Cannot open include file: 'CoreMinimal.h': No such file or directory.

So, is there any recommendation about it?

Thank you!

sdksunrealsupport
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

element808 avatar image
element808 answered

Jordan Parsons here, lead programmer for HICON Games. So your error most likely is due to using our game name "Huli" identifier in your project. You cannot use "Huli" for your project due to it being specific to our project. Try renaming everywhere that you put "Huli" to your project/game name. Also you can refer to the official Microsoft doc of our walkthrough if you'd like:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/servers/playfabgsdk_guide

I also made some revisions via GitHub pull request, that hasn't been updated yet, to the original document, turning picture code seen on the document into complete, copy-able code (minus you having to rename Huli to your project): https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/playfab-docs/compare/docs...jordan-parsons:patch-1

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Kaan Öztüzün avatar image Kaan Öztüzün commented ·

Hello Jordan! Thank you for sharing the gold valued PDF and introductions.

I was just created a Huli project for debugging to check is these errors caused by project name or other things... I've builded it successfully thanks to you. The codes on github fixed it but I got an error ProjectLauncher screen. I created a server target for my project after integration of SDK and tried to build server on ProjectLauncher. As I said, I am not an experienced C++ programmer so I just can't fix or understand these errors.

Thank you again.

0 Likes 0 ·
element808 avatar image element808 Kaan Öztüzün commented ·

Double check to make sure you have the correct version of gsdk downloaded and linked to your project, as the one you are referencing in code

0 Likes 0 ·
Kaan Öztüzün avatar image Kaan Öztüzün element808 commented ·

Hey .Jordan!

I think there is a problem with my computer or Visual Studio. I've tried with another PC and it has worked. I was able to build server and upload it to playfab.

Do I have to build the server and upload it to Playfab for every change on Project?

Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Turner avatar image
Turner answered

There's a few reasons why this can happen. The first thing you should try that usually solves this kind of issue is:

1. Close Visual Studio
  2. Navigate to your game project folder
  3. Right click the .uproject file, and click Generate Visual Studio Project Files

It will only take a few seconds. After that runs open the solution again and see if you still get those errors.

Let me know how it goes!

1 comment
10 |1200

Kaan Öztüzün avatar image Kaan Öztüzün commented ·

Hello Turner,

Thank you for interest. I tried your instructions but again still no luck. I've got 11 errors.

Here is the errors:

0 Likes 0 ·
compileerror.png (26.4 KiB)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.