question

Ivo avatar image
Ivo asked

Logging out when closing game [ue4 blueprints]

Hey,
So I use player title data to determine if player is online or not to prevent multiple logins from same account.

But problem:
When player closes game/ loses internet connection there is no way to set that player is offline now.
Is there anything I can do about it? Maybe there is some timer that can check if data has been updated recently or something? Maybe I can do it on playfab website?
I am still learning and looking for simple way to make this.

Also does anyone know when last time online thing is getting updated? Is it every time I update player title data or just when I use login node?

Title Dataunreal
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

>>When player closes game/ loses internet connection there is no way to set that player is offline now.Is there anything I can do about it?

In this thread, Brendan suggested an approach that takes dropped connections into account. The basic idea to update the player’s status at regular intervals, for instance, every 2 minutes, if that status hasn’t been updated for a period, then it’ll be considered as offline. Please navigate to the link to learn more.

>>Also does anyone know when last time online thing is getting updated? Is it every time I update player title data or just when I use login node?

Do you mean the LastLoginTime property returned from login calls such as LoginWithCustomID? In that case, it’s updated at every login call, in other words, every time you use login node.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.