question

ebrahimB avatar image
ebrahimB asked

Linking tapjoy to Playfabs managed currency

Hey,

I am trying to use playfab in conjunction with tapjoy but so far I am running into a sticking point, Virtual currency. I'd like to use Playfab to manage the currency as it allows me to flexibly alter a players currency if there were ever an issue. The problem is I need a callback URL as explained in their docs. Is it possible to use the two services together in this way?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

For TapJoy's self-managed currency, you would need to set up a server to manage the callback, as you have to specify a URL that TapJoy calls with their specific info on the transaction. Ideally, this would be something we would make part of our Marketplace, but we have not had many requests for TapJoy to date, so this isn't on our schedule as yet. If you do choose to stand up a web API server to manage the callbacks, I would highly recommend using their Secret Key system as well, so that you can manage the transactions more securely.

5 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ebrahimB avatar image ebrahimB commented ·

That sounds messy. There is a way to hack it using tapjoy's callbacks which I would have liked to avoid. I'll try it out and see how it works. Thanks for the help!

0 Likes 0 ·
devisrossini avatar image devisrossini commented ·

Hi @Brendan,

we're also interested in PlayFab-Tapjoy integration. Any news about that?

I'd like to use Playfab to manage the currency. In this case, Tapjoy needs a dedicated server in order to process their HTTP GET requests.

An alternative should be to use an additional currency created ad-hoc, invisible to the user and fully managed by Tapjoy. When Tapjoy update its currency balance, we can spend that amount and convert it into the real game currency (managed by PlayFab).

What do you think about this approach?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan devisrossini commented ·

Sorry, but the last request we had for this before now was the one immediately above. I'd recommend adding this to the Feature Requests forum area, so that others can "like" it if it would help them, as well.

I'm not clear on how your alternative would work, in terms of the specific API calls to make the exchange. Can you clarify that?

0 Likes 0 ·
devisrossini avatar image devisrossini brendan commented ·

Hi @Brendan.

My idea is to use an additional currency, managed by Tapjoy. When Tapjoy notifies the game with a balance change, we can make a call to our Cloudscript and add the same amount to another currency, visible to the player and managed by PlayFab. After that, we can consume the original currency using Tapjoy API.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.