question

A A avatar image
A A asked

Why are some "common" letters invalid?

Hello everyone,

why are some letter, like Ä, Ö or Ü or even a hyphen: - invalid and can't be used? It gives me a PlayFabError (Invalid parameters). Is there a way to avoid this so the player can use these letters? It's very annoying and not very practical because these letters for example are very common letters in German, but also in Turkish and other languages.

Thank you already in advance for your answer

unity3d
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

Which API did you invoke? If you tried to update a username, as this thread said, it's required to be alphanumeric - A to Z (upper or lower) and 0-9. You can try Title Display Name instead of Username for that.

6 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

A A avatar image A A commented ·

Hey, I didn't change anything in PlayFab and I didn't choose anything which is in connection with the valid characters. I am using Unity and I don't have character limitation there. I still get the "Invalid Parameters" error. Do you have a concrete solution for that. I would be very helpful.
Thank you

1 Like 1 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang A A commented ·

Could you please provide the detailed error messages or reproduced steps?

1 Like 1 ·
A A avatar image A A Sarah Zhang commented ·

Hello, I get the PlayFabError "InvalidParams". So if I want my username to be: Player-Ä
I get that "error". It just calls the PlayFabError method instead of RegisterResult because there are "Invalid Parameters".

1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.