question

A A avatar image
A A asked

Where can I get all Error details of PlayFab Errors?

Hello everyone,

how can I get all details what all error messages of PlayFabError are meaning. For example when username is empty and the error is InvalidParams. Because I want to know when exactly an error is called and why? Is there anything in the documentation? I couldn't find it.

Thank you already in advance

unity3dwindowsdocumentation
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Error details are generated by PlayFab Service that can help to troubleshoot the errors returned by your API requests, which are specific to particular situations, hence, there is no documentation that lists all the error details. However, we do have a documentation on GenericErrorCodes, which lists all possible values for PlayFab Error Codes, you can take a look if you are interested.

From my perspective, I would suggest you refer to the API reference of the API that you are working on, and, combining it with the error details returned by PlayFab to better troubleshoot the errors of your API requests.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

A A avatar image A A commented ·

Thank you for your answer. I asked because not every error message is clear to me. For example I would never think that "InvalidParams" means that the Inputs are empty. And I want to convert these Error messages from PlayFab to an own text (in C# with switch-case), but I want the text to be precise. So I can exactly tell the player what he did wrong. If I write Invalid Parameters, he doesn't actually now what he/ she did wrong.

Again, thank you very much for your answer. If someone has any reference were the PlayFab errors are explained, please tell me!
Thank you

1 Like 1 ·
A A avatar image A A commented ·

Hey @Citrus Yan There is actually a page: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/automation/cloudscript/global-api-method-error-codes
Thank you anyways for your answer and have a nice day :)

1 Like 1 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan A A commented ·

Glad that page you mentioned helped. You have a good day too :)

0 Likes 0 ·
jsphdnvn avatar image
jsphdnvn answered

Hey @Citrus Yan I still can't seem to find the error details. I'm trying to set up authentication for my unity game and there are some errors I need to handle that aren't listed in the docs. I have a switch statement with some of them, but there are a lot more I'd like to catch. Any help would be much appreciated!

@Citrus Yan I still can't seem to find a page with the error details. The link provided does not work and I am trying to figure out the error codes for user authentication. I have the switch statement given in the Docs, but there are more errors that I need to catch. I would really appreciate some more info on this!

2 comments
10 |1200

jsphdnvn avatar image jsphdnvn commented ·

Sorry, only meant to say it once!

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan jsphdnvn commented ·

Hi @jsphdnvn, what are the errors exactly? And, could you please post a new thread in this forum so that we can better track & work with your issue? Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.