question

vinigodoy avatar image
vinigodoy asked

PlayFab Pricing

I took a look in the other topic about pricing, but i still could not figure out how much playfab costs. The topic talk about a calculator, which is not present in the link it indicates. The pricing page redirects to the dashboard, where there is absolutely no cost information.

So, how much does it cost? How much will I pay? Is it charged in dollars? Euros? Reais?

Where can I find such information?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

You've actually come to us right as we're in the process of updating our pricing information, which is why it's a little confusing - our apologies for that, and we'll have all the info on the site soon.

In short, our core service is free up to the stated limits on your Limits tab in the Game Manager. Hosted game servers, Content (CDN) hosting and delivery, and some third-party Add-ons are paid services, and we'll be providing upgrade options for the limits, so that titles that need more data, statistics, Cloud Script execution time, etc., can get what they need. Specific to each of those:

Upgrades: First, have a look at the existing limits and let us know if you need to exceed any of them. We designed them to be as generous as we could, and from a review of the titles already running in our service, the majority of them manage just fine within those limits. We'll have the upgrade options in the Game Manager soon - hopefully later this week - but if you want info sooner, just send the specifics to us at devrel@playfab.com, and we'll get you the prices.

Hosted game servers: We use EC2 for hosting, and pass on the costs directly, with a 10% increase to cover our costs. You can find all the pricing for the different sizes of EC2 servers on the AWS EC2 pricing page. The column to look at is the On-Demand Windows server instances.

Content (CDN): We use AWS CloudFront for this, and again, we pass on the costs directly with a 10% increase to cover our costs.

Third-party Add-ons: The prices for each are listed on the pages for those services that have costs (some don't). We negotiate preferred rates with each third-party partner so that we can offer their service, pre-integrated with PlayFab (to minimize the SDK work you have to do, wherever we can), at or below the price you'd pay going to them on your own.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.