question

Tuomas Erikoinen avatar image
Tuomas Erikoinen asked

Adding another "custom ID" to Players,Linking custom IDs to Players

I would like to add another ID to our players and use it to search players in the dashboard. This ID is unique and comes through our internal analytics platform. We use this ID for customer support, and would like to find those users easily using the same ID.

The actual login will happen first with the device ID (mobile), and if the player chooses so, with Facebook. The ID I'd like to add would be an addition to these IDs, but I'm not aware how to achieve it. To my understanding it can't just be a player data entity, because those are not searchable.

This analytics ID would NOT be used for login, but would be a separate ID for the player to link CRM services and our analytic platform.

I would like to add another ID to our players and use it to search players in the dashboard. This ID is unique and comes through our internal analytics platform. We use this ID for customer support, and would like to find those users easily using the same ID.

The actual login will happen first with the device ID (mobile), and if the player chooses, with Facebook. The ID I'd like to add would be an addition to these IDs, but I'm not aware how to achieve it.

Basically this analytics ID would NOT be used for login, but would be a separate ID for the player to link CRM services and our analytic platform.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Tuomas Erikoinen avatar image
Tuomas Erikoinen answered

Hi Seth,

I've actually worked around the issue by reversing the idea. I now report PlayFab ID along with the internal analytics ID to through our support system, so the support team can just use PF ID to find the player.

Thanks for the ideas, anyway. :)

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

May I ask how do you generate those Custom ID and how to get it? Normally there should be 2 things that need to be done to implement the additional customer ID based on the current system. 1. You need a flag that can mark whether this player has been linked with an analytical custom ID. Player Internal Data should work fine. 2. You may add additional codes for your client. Since the link custom ID API is only available in client set, it seems to be necessary to modify some codes on your current game client. For example, every time a new player is registered or login via facebook/device ID, after the login, you may call cloud script to check the flag to see if this player has been linked with an analytical custom ID. If the response is true, you may configure a global variable in Client so that this Cloud Script won’t be performed next time, while if it is false, you may call the function you craft to ask for a proper customer ID to link it (also, change the flag variable after the process is done).

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.