question

Karl Johannes avatar image
Karl Johannes asked

Data which every client can update and read

Hello,

I just tried for hours to do something so simple but still cant handle it. Iam not that experienced so sorry for that simple question.

I just want that every client is able to update and read a specific data, like Title Data.

Why?

Iam also using Photon and want to let the players run around in a lobby("room") and when enough player have quened up at a NPC, Photon loads these players into the arena. But I need to store the list of players somewhere. I guess its a very obvious answer, but I tried using Entity Objects, Title Data, Player Data, Shared Group Data and other methods but none of them let all players access the list.

If you have a better approach of doing this or know which data I need to use I would really appreciate an answer.

data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

You are saying that every client can update and read the data, does it mean that there are potentially hundreds of clients (or more) can do that? If that’s the case, PlayFab, as a backend service, cannot handle such a high frequency of updates. Therefore, you might want to consider using a external database service to handle this scenario, for instance, Redis.

6 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Karl Johannes avatar image Karl Johannes commented ·

Well it doesnt need to be able to handle "hundreds of clients", but the main problem is that I dont know how to create a list that every client is able to update/add and read. Do you know how I could do that?

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan Karl Johannes commented ·

What's the approximate update rate of your use case? I mean, if the rate is rather high, then you might need an external database service or a dedicated server for this.

1 Like 1 ·
Karl Johannes avatar image Karl Johannes Citrus Yan commented ·

I already found another way of dealing with this issue, but I would still like to know for the future if there would be a possible way of having data that every client could access.(Even if I would need to greatly reduce the update rate, e.g. once all 20 secs or anything.)

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.