question

Chris Savory avatar image
Chris Savory asked

Suggestion: Ability to update CustomData in multiple inventory items using only one API call.

As far as I can tell, the only way to do that is by calling the UpdateUserInventoryItemCustomData function multiple times, which can add up to your API limit calls pretty quickly.

I've circumvented the issue by breaking the server call into possible multiple calls so the API call limit is not reached. I wish there was a way to do that without having to do some workaround and possibly affecting user experience since the client might need to hang until all multiple calls are made.

I've seen other people asking for that feature but couldn't find anything posted as a suggestion.

Thanks!!

CloudScript
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
JayZuo avatar image
JayZuo answered

May I know why you need to update multiple UserInventoryItemCustomData at the same time? Could you share your detailed scenario? Besides, if you want to post as a suggestion, you can post a feature request here: https://community.playfab.com/content/idea/post.html?space=24, so that others can vote your suggestion to help us prioritize.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Chris Savory avatar image Chris Savory commented ·

There are scenarios where the player might be rewarded with multiple items that are specific to a certain scenario. i.e. Chest gives multiple weapons, certain weapons contain enchantments based on location in which alter the stats for some of the given weapons.

0 Likes 0 ·
JayZuo avatar image JayZuo ♦ Chris Savory commented ·

Thanks for your sharing. For your scenario, currently, you will have to call UpdateUserInventoryItemCustomData function multiple times. Please feel free to post a feature request via https://community.playfab.com/content/idea/post.html?space=24.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.