question

Michael Fortuin avatar image
Michael Fortuin asked

Playfab TitleID overwritten by Playfab EdEx

Whenever I enter my details into the Playfab EdEx and run my game in Unity, the studio is replaced by _OVERRIDE_ and I get the following error:

UriFormatException: Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed.

I saw a post (https://community.playfab.com/questions/12475/playfab-studio-and-titleid-are-overridden-in-unity.html) with the same problem but no real solution (although this post does mention sometimes getting "144" as the title ID while I have only ever gotten _OVERRIDE_). I also get the prompt "You are using a TitleID of which you are not a member. A title administrator can approve access for your account." I'm using Playfab 2.80.200121 (the newest version) and Unity 2019.3.0f6. I should also note that I have tried using both Facebook and Custom logins, both of which gave me the "Congratulations, you made your first successful API call!" successful login prompt.

Any help would be much appreciated.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Jordan avatar image
Jordan answered

Hi @Michael Fortuin,

Just to confirm, before you play in editor, are you able to select the studio and then title from the dropdowns in Editor Extension > Settings > Project?

Is your studio listed under Editor Extension > Settings > studio?

Also, can you post your code from the script that is getting the error? Finally, please share your Title ID so that I can take a look if need be.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Michael Fortuin avatar image Michael Fortuin commented ·

Hi @Jordan,

Thanks for the response. I just downloaded the new version of the PlayFab SDK (which just came out) and this solved my problem without having to change anything else.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.