question

krishole avatar image
krishole asked

Create matchmaking ticket with UE4

Your new matchmaking has support for rules, we plan on using the region rule with this by passing through a group of latencies to be matchmade against.

However with unreal as everything is constructed for you to a json object from the FCreateMatchmakingTicketRequest object there is no room to actually add this to the request without making changes to the playfab plugins code.

Is this intended as the feature is still in preview stage?

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

I will dig into it.

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

Developers need to add the “Latency” JSON object array to "Creator"->"Attributes"->"Dataobject" of CreateMatchingMakingTicketRequest manually. Please refer to the following example.

https://blueprintue.com/blueprint/ipcorqrv/

6 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang commented ·

The third picture.

0 Likes 0 ·
starkgaminginc avatar image starkgaminginc commented ·

I am trying to replicate this and I keep getting the following error. I've copied it exactly (copy and paste through the link above, changing names for my project as required). Looking in the output log it gives an improper structure compared to the documentation here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/matchmaking/ticket-attributes

--

LogPlayFab: Response : {"code":400,"status":"BadRequest","error":"MatchmakingAttributeInvalid","errorCode":2046,"errorMessage":"

There were no latency measurements found for any of the users in the ticket. Since the queue has thunderhead enabled, latency values are required to be sent for the region selection rule."}

--

I made some adjustments to the blueprint code provided and I am able to get the proper JSON structure, but still the same error.

Below is the request that goes out but still returns with the error code 2046.

0 Likes 0 ·
starkgaminginc avatar image starkgaminginc starkgaminginc commented ·

Update: I had the wrong Attribute Path set in the Queue in the Playfab Manager.

0 Likes 0 ·
Joshua Scott avatar image Joshua Scott starkgaminginc commented ·

This is an old post but I am having the samme issue you are above, what Attribute Path did you end up using that worked?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
laggyluk avatar image
laggyluk answered

In case anybody wonders why it doesn't work, the blueprint constructed request in selected answer has wrong structure: 'DataObject' should be child of 'Attributes' not the other way around.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.