question

manudiaz avatar image
manudiaz asked

Chinese language code updated

Hi!

So a couple of weeks ago I implemented the SetProfileLanguage api call for various languages using Iso 639-1 language codes on the request and worked fine, being "zh" for Chinese.

But currently the server response returns the following error:

{
    "Message": "PlayFab API request error",
    "Level": "Error",
    "Data": {
        "api": "/Profile/SetProfileLanguage",
        "request": {
            "Language": "zh",
            "Entity": {
                "Id": "F3D3C72003F6F9F6",
                "Type": "master_player_account"
            },
            "ExpectedVersion": 4
        },
        "result": null,
        "apiError": {
            "errorCode": 1000,
            "code": 400,
            "status": "BadRequest",
            "error": "InvalidParams",
            "errorMessage": "Invalid input parameters",
            "errorHash": null,
            "errorDetails": {
                "Language": [
                    "this language is not supported"
                ]
            }
        }
    }
}

I realised that on a player Overview panel > Title Player Account > Language now there are 2 options for Chinese: Simplified and Traditional. If I change the user language through the panel, the playstream events shows that the codes are "zh-Hans" and "zh-Hant" respectively.

Obviously you have added or updated these languages but I was not able to find any official post or note related to the change, so I will like some confirmation about "zh" is no longer supported and suggest that any future changes on the API methods (requests or responses) are publicly announced so we can be aware of them.

Thanks!

apis
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

Thanks for your sharing and suggestions, we will try to inform our team about it.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.