question

Ramon Esteve Cuevas avatar image
Ramon Esteve Cuevas asked

GetFriendsList call not returning TotalValueToDateInUSD

Hello,

For our title we want to have the GetFriendsList also return TotalValueToDateInUSD which is available in the API. We have enabled this is in our title and both the GetPlayerProfile and GetLeaderboard (with ProfileConstraints.ShowTotalValueToDateInUsd = true) return the records with their total value. However calling the GetFriendsList from the client doesn't return anything. Also tried it using the Postman project but there I also see nothing being returned while the same profiles do return something when calling GetPlayerProfile. Is this a know bug or am I doing something wrong?

We are using PlayFab Unity ClientSDK for this.

Kind regards,

Ramon

Rekall Games

unity3dFriends
9 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

May I ask does this player has actually made the purchase? Because VTD only increases when there is real-money purchase.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ramon Esteve Cuevas avatar image Ramon Esteve Cuevas Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Hello SethDu,

Thank you for the response. Yes I can confirm that players who made a purchase doesn't even return their TotalValueToDateInUSD when calling through GetFriendsList.

Below you will see 2 screenshots showing that the same player actually has made a purchase but doesn't return the value when calling using GetFriendsList.

The screenshot with the GetFriendsList call where the server doesn't return any TotalValueToDateInUSD while the ProfileConstraint is set to true.

The screenshot with the GetPlayerProfile call where the server returns TotalValueToDateInUSD (Indicating the player has spent something). I also see the same value inside the GameManager for this player.

Kind regards,Ramon
0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Ramon Esteve Cuevas commented ·

Appreciate that you have provided the detailed reproduction steps. I have submitted a report to the corresponding team and will keep you informed when there is feedback from the team.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments
Ramon Esteve Cuevas avatar image Ramon Esteve Cuevas commented ·

Hi SethDu,

Removing the "IncludeSteamFriends" or setting that property to false doesn't change anything. The TotalValueToDateInUsd is still not returned for the GetFriendsList call. I managed to retrieve it now however using the "GetFriendLeaderboard" call. We have a Global statistic where all the players in our title are joined. Basically what we do in the success of the GetFriendList call we immediately call "GetFriendLeaderboard" (Which will return the TotalValueToDateInUsd. Then we combine the Profile of this call with the GetFriendsList call to have the profile filled.

Kind regards,

Ramon
Rekall Games

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Ramon Esteve Cuevas commented ·

Thank you for the detailed information. We will update your feedback to the team and keep you informed.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ramon Esteve Cuevas avatar image Ramon Esteve Cuevas Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Sure no problem and many thanks for picking up so quickly :)

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.