question

Anatoly Volnov avatar image
Anatoly Volnov asked

Incorrect revenue reporting and number of paying users.

I have recently released the Android version of my game, and it uses PlayFab's receipt validation. During testing, everything seemed fine, however, after a couple of days post launch I'm noticing a discrepancy here. PlayFab Game Manager seems to be underreporting both the revenue by about a factor of 10 and spenders by a factor of 4. The "sorted by VTD" list of players also seems to be way too short.

The game is setup to grant inventory items to players on successful purchase, and items do have their RM values set (in cents). I am also using the validation code from the "Show Me the Money" article, so that includes currency and price as well:

// Pass in currency code in ISO format
CurrencyCode = e.purchasedProduct.metadata.isoCurrencyCode,
// Convert and set Purchase price
PurchasePrice = (uint) (e.purchasedProduct.metadata.localizedPrice * 100),

At the same time, I don't see 80% of spenders complaining that their purchases didn't go through with a wave of refunds, so I'm left to assume that the validation succeeds, but somehow isn't recorded correctly.

This is on title 82E3.

Any ideas what the problem could be?

In-Game Economyandroidgame manager
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

You may refer to https://community.playfab.com/questions/34350/why-are-prices-needed-in-some-validation-api-diffe.html. I am wonder what is the currency that player is using for purchase.

It will be great if you can provide us with an example, like a player ID so that we can dig into it. In addition, which report you are referring to?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Anatoly Volnov avatar image
Anatoly Volnov answered

It seems like this was an issue on my end after all. There was a case where after initiating checkout, purchases went the custom 'restore route' in my game and didn't validate, so they didn't report to PlayFab either.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.