question

Ivo avatar image
Ivo asked

See and interact with other players? [UE4 Blueprints]

Hello!

I have finally implemented PlayFab authentication and able to save character data online.

But how do I make it so I can see and interact with other players?

I followed this tutorial but got stuck at unity part and I'm not even sure if this will do what I want.
Can anyone tell me what I need to do? I believe I need to run server to make it possible?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

If you mean the real-time interactions, you need to run a server, Photon is a choice but not the only one. If you need the non-real-time interactions, it’s unnecessary to run a server. Could you please provide the detailed application scenarios? We will provide suggestions to you based on your demand.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ivo avatar image Ivo commented ·

Yea I want real time interactions.

Looks like it is not that hard to make self hosted server but I want to find out how to link one server where everyone gets connected to... Still learning:)

Right now I have main menu map where players can login and make account.

Once logged in it instantly loads surface map where player can walk around etc, I have lobby map as well but I don't use it because I only need one server. @Sarah Zhang

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang Ivo commented ·

Currently, PlayFab provides the custom server hosting service MultiplayerServer2.0, you can check the series doc Multiplayer Server for the QuickStarts, tutorials, and billing info about it. If you have any problems when using it, welcome to post the new questions to discuss them in the forum.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ivo avatar image Ivo Sarah Zhang commented ·

Cool but any way to try it out first without buying? Just want to try it out first.
Wait is it even possible on blueprint project? Can't find any info...

I can see there are multiplayer server nodes but not sure how to use how to set them up, mhmm.. @Sarah Zhang

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.