question

Noki yer avatar image
Noki yer asked

Objects Vs Player Data

I realise that you recommend the use of Entity Objects over Player Data for storing player related data for a game. But i do not see why..

If i use Player Data, i can store simple k/v pairs or i can also store a JSON as a value. For objects, i can only store a JSON.

Second, if i want to update a single item/field in an object, i need to fetch and store the full JSON. But if i use, Player Data then i can store that field as a single K/V pair.

Finally, though not very important, one gets only 3 free objects but much more Player Data k/v pairs.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

You can navigate to this thread Entity Data VS Legacy Data to check the discussion about them. As this thread mentioned, the new model is far more efficient, and provides for more options. The small data packets you can upload as JSON are part of the player profile, and so we'll be providing options for using it as part of the profile going forward. The new file data type is for larger data, and can be in any format, including binary. Entity data has practicality, but you can choose the one more suits your demand.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.