question

darkworth000 avatar image
darkworth000 asked

Thunderhead Matchmaking Queue Min/Max?

When I create a matchmaking queue and fill in the min/max players it does not behave how you would expect. In fact the max players seems completely pointless, as it immediately matches when the min players are reached and no more after that are allowed to match to that server. (ie I had a min of 2 players with a max of 4, and 4 of us tried to match and get into a game together and it matched the first 2 and put them in a server, and then it matched the remaining 2 and put them into a seperate server, resulting in 2 servers with 2 people each.

This leads me to think that there is no min/max functionality and it is actually intended to just be a "number of players" (regulated by the min value) and as soon as it has those then they will be put into a server. Which seems very limiting and not at all in line with the options we are given to fill out when creating the queue to begin with.

I am hoping that I am just using it incorrectly and that the max does actually come into play at some point, but please advise me in either case.

Thanks,

Matchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Jordan avatar image
Jordan answered

You might find this post helpful, in which the user discusses a similar set up. They ended up creating rules to get the desired results. Let me know if this is useful to you, and if you need additional information.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

darkworth000 avatar image darkworth000 commented ·

Thanks! I will try this tonight

0 Likes 0 ·
darkworth000 avatar image darkworth000 commented ·

Just confirming, this did do the trick. Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
Jordan avatar image Jordan ♦ darkworth000 commented ·

Great to hear! Happy developing.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.